It's been so long since I made my last cookies but then cheap m&m stock is now gone. Then I decided to try these chocolate coated candies I have always been eying in the bake shop and they are delicious! At first I was thinking of using the same recipe when I made the Best M&M Cookies but I only have one egg and so I use this recipe from Celebrating Sweets.
Love the simple recipe and results are soft and chewy chocolate cookies. Just remember not to over bake. Since I am using my Nostalgia Bakery Bites Express I baked these in just 7 minutes instead of 8.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Nips CookiesAuthor: Allison-Celebrating Sweets
1 stick butter, slightly softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder, optional
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup nips candies or M&M's, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugars for several minutes till light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla till combined.
2. In a separate bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and beat till just combined. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in half cup of nips candies or m&m's.
4. Drop dough by the heaping tablespoon (I used cookie scoop) onto a greased lined baking sheet, with spaces between them. Lightly press nips or m&m's on top. (I pressed my scooped dough lightly and added the nips on top)
5. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
I Heart Nap Time
The Party Bunch Link Party